Benefits of switching to electric
Regulations and government policy are going to see costs of traditional petrol or diesels vehicles made more expensive and eventually taken out of production all together in the future. Embrace the future now and switch to an electric car, and there are some very good reasons for doing so.
- They are cheaper to run than diesel or petrol cars. You only have to charge for around 30 minutes and your car can last up to six hours. They are many public spots now where you can charge for free.
- They are better for the environment. Electric cars don’t have an exhaust system, meaning there are no emissions. No petrol and diesel also mean you aren’t contributing to the build-up of greenhouse gases in the earth’s atmosphere.
- Maintenance isn’t as frequent. As your electric car won’t use oil, you won’t have to worry about the oil light coming on during a journey and worrying if you can easily get hold of the right oil for your car.
- They are very quiet. They don’t make the noise that a diesel or a petrol car makes. The electric car makes a very smooth sound in comparison which is refreshing to hear go past you.
- Likely tax relief and other benefits. The UK announced that by 2040 that petrol and diesel cars will no longer be produced in the UK, and there’s a push to change this to 2032. The government will be very likely to give tax credits to those with electric cars, and don’t rule out things such as enforced lanes on the motorway for electric cars only.
With the public views in these exciting times rapidly developing, maybe it's time for you to consider a change. Switch to electric, do your bit for our environment and let us help you make that important step.