Q. Do Simply Vehicle Leasing lease vehicles?
A. No – Simply Vehicle Leasing, a trading name of New Car Deals Ltd, are a broker, not a lender.
We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders to assist you with the contract hire or leasing of your chosen vehicle(s).
The finance company will lease the vehicle to you and Simply Vehicle Leasing will act as a broker - providing you with a contract specific to your order from the relevant finance company, which will include the terms of the agreement. This will be provided after you order, but prior to delivery (timescale dependent upon individual finance companies’ procedures).
A. Contact us.
We can supply most makes and models of car or van. If you can't find a vehicle on our website, please contact us and we will happily provide a quote.
A. Contact us.
All deals on our website are examples of what we can offer and are flexible to suit your specific requirements. If you require an annual mileage or length of term, and we don’t have an indicative price on our website, please contact us and we will be happy to provide a quote.
A. Details of the contract term, size of initial payment and number of subsequent monthly payments.
Car leasing deals are usually calculated over two, three or four-year terms.
Some customers prefer to pay a higher payment at the start of the lease, which in turn reduces the monthly rental amount for the balance of the contract. This larger first payment is usually referred to as the 'initial payment' or 'deposit'.
Deals are usually advertised as ‘3+23’, ‘3+35’ or ‘3+47’ contract to indicate the size of the initial payment:
· The '3/6/9' stands for three, six or nine payments in advance. This will be the first monthly payment.
· ‘+23’, ‘+35’ or ‘+47’ equates to the quantity of payments you will pay following this initial payment.
You will see on our website that you are able to adjust payment profiles, which allows you to see what options are available. This payment is flexible however, and can be increased further if required, to reduce monthly payments even more. Please get in touch for a bespoke quote.
A. You pay for each additional mile above your agreed contract amount, called ‘pence per mile’ (ppm).
Every lease contract gives an 'excess mileage' price. Should you exceed your agreed total mileage, the additional mileage is charged at this rate. This will be clearly stated on your order form.
For example; Excess pence per mile rate = 5p + VAT. 1,000 miles in addition to the agreed mileage, over the total contract would be charged at £50.00 + VAT @20 percent = £60.. The finance company will invoice you after your vehicle is returned.
A. Hand the vehicle back to the finance company at the end of the contract term.
Usually you can choose to do this through us or directly with the finance company.
Depending on the finance company providing your vehicle lease, we will contact you to arrange a convenient collection time or provide the details of how to arrange this with the finance company directly. Most finance companies will contact you directly in addition to this. If you have exceeded your mileage allowance, you will be invoiced by the finance company at the pre-agreed rate.
You will also be contacted by us prior to the end of your contract in order to assist in your ongoing vehicle arrangements and to provide any quotes or information for replacement vehicles.
A. The vehicle will be checked and assessed against the BVRLA ‘Fair Wear and Tear Guide’, and any damage beyond this standard will be charged for.
The finance company will supply you with a 'Fair Wear and Tear Guide' to enable you to check what is acceptable 'wear and tear' over the course of your lease.
When returning your vehicle, it will be checked over for any damage which exceeds these guidelines, and you will be invoiced accordingly. We would advise that any damage outside of the guidelines set by your finance company is repaired before your vehicle is collected, to avoid any unnecessary charges.
Should you have any worries or questions regarding your vehicle return condition please get in touch with our customer service team: or 01924 261167.
A. This depends on your contract length.
An MOT is required on a vehicle once it’s three years old…Specifically this means 3 years following the date of first registration.
If your lease term is less than three years you will not need to obtain an MOT certificate.
If your lease term is three or more years, you will need to obtain an MOT certificate.
The due date for the vehicle’s MOT isn’t based on the date of delivery, it is based on the date of first registration. It is worth noting that in some cases the date of first registration can be up-to 3 months prior to the date your vehicle was delivered. Usually we will inform you should there be any more than 3 months difference.
A. Unfortunately not. Gaining fully comprehensive insurance is the responsibility of the lease holder.
Insurance is not included, and all lease cars must be insured comprehensively.
Gap Insurance - You may also want to consider obtaining gap insurance for your vehicle which provides you with additional security should you write off your vehicle during the lease term. We do not provide this, nor are we able to recommend a provider.
A. The finance company.
On both 'business contract hire (BCH)' and 'personal contract hire (PCH)' the finance company are the legal owners of the car on the V5 document.
The finance company will record the customer/business as the keeper of the vehicle on their internal records for the lease term, and as such will pass on any parking tickets, speeding or motoring offence notices.
All the car leasing deals on our website are brand new UK vehicles, supplied via UK main dealerships, unless stated otherwise. Whilst still brand new, some vehicles may be registered as a ‘batch’ and delivered up-to 3 months after the date of first registration.
A. Yes, mostly.
The annual road fund licence fee is included for the full contract duration on 99% of deals. Please check the deal details or ask one of our team to ensure this is the case.
Please note that changes in the road fund licence or VAT will be passed on to the driver.
A. Yes, although usually just the first year.
Standard manufacturer breakdown cover is included, which always covers the first year. However, as this is provided by the manufacturer of the vehicle, it depends on their standard offering. – Some manufacturers offer breakdown cover for longer as standard. Please check the details or ask one of our team.
You do have the option to add guaranteed breakdown cover for the duration of your contract, along with many other benefits, by opting to include a maintenance and servicing package with your lease.
All brand-new lease cars come with the standard manufacturer’s warranty supplied at main dealer level.
Warranty levels and length of cover vary between manufacturers so please consult your handbook for more information.
A. Peace of mind and hassle-free motoring during your contract term.
You can opt to include a 'maintenance & servicing package' with your lease which provides a fixed cost motoring experience by covering:
· All servicing & MOT costs
· Any 'wear and tear' items which need replacing & associated labour costs – even outside of the vehicle warranty!
· Tyre replacement and puncture repair
· Breakdown cover for the length of the contract
Exclusions apply – for example, but not limited to: Cosmetic damage, glass repair/replacement and accident related damage. Full terms and conditions apply on a case by case basis.
…Just add fuel and insurance!
A. Yes, a small one.
Many leasing brokers or dealerships charge an administration or document fee in addition to a large deposit. At Simply Vehicle Leasing you don't pay a deposit to secure a vehicle, just a small administration fee of between £150-£300 excluding VAT. This is always included in our website examples and will be illustrated on your quote/order.
As per your quote/order this fee is paid directly to Simply Vehicle Leasing, a trading style of New Car Deals Ltd, upon order and is in relation to the service we provide for sourcing a vehicle and finance package. It will not be included or referred to on your lease agreement from the finance company.
All our car leasing deals include delivery to a UK mainland address of your choice. You can verify this by checking the deal details section for your chosen vehicle.
· In most cases we charge a small administration fee for our vehicle sourcing service.
· This is to cover our costs of finding you the best possible new car or van deal and processing your finance application.
· You can choose to pay this over the phone by debit/credit card, online through PayPal or by bank transfer.
· Cancellation/Refund – See our Cancelation Rights page
DEPOSIT / INITIAL PAYMENT
· The initial payment (or first monthly payment) will be paid directly to the finance company by direct debit, from the bank account you nominate on your finance application.
· Approximately 2-7 days following delivery.
· In some instances, the finance company will require payment of your deposit/initial payment before delivery, after receipt of your finance paperwork. - You will be advised of this prior to completing your lease agreement, should this be the case.
· Monthly payments will be paid directly to the finance company by direct debit, from a nominated bank account on a set date. The nominated bank account needs to be registered to the person or business named in the finance application.
· We pride ourselves on the transparency of our deals and will make sure that you are aware of the total payments before you place an order. All details will be set out in your order form and the consequent finance company lease agreement. – It is very important to check both of these in detail prior to signing.
A. Yes, although your rights differ if you are a private individual (regulated) or a business (generally non-regulated).
Please see our Cancelation Rights page.
A. We work alongside two large, official organisations to give you complete peace of mind:
· FCA - We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as a credit broker for vehicle contract hire or leasing. You can find us on the Financial Services Register at - Simply Vehicle Leasing is a trading style of New Car Deals Ltd, our firm’s reference number is 670807.
· BVLRA - We are proud members of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) - the trade body for the vehicle rental and leasing sector. By consulting with the Government and maintaining industry standards, they help their members, including ourselves, to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable road transport to consumers and businesses. As a Leasing Broker Member Simply Vehicle Leasing, a trading style of New Car Deals Ltd, are bound by their code of conduct and audit/governance scheme. Our member number is 2071.
Please contact us if you have any further questions, or to discuss your requirements.