A vehicle finance agreement option for private individuals looking to manageably fund a new or used vehicle and would like to have the option to purchase.
Monthly payments are not subject to VAT, however if you do take out the optional service package then VAT is liable on service costs.
PCP customers make an initial payment, then pay fixed monthly payments.
Finally, an Optional Final Payment (OFP) is due at the end of the contract. This is also referred to as the GFV (Guaranteed Future Value).
Options at the end of a PCP contract
Trade - You can trade in or sell your vehicle at a dealership and take another vehicle. If the trade in value is larger than the OFP, then the difference can be used as a deposit to secure a new vehicle.
Return - Simply return the vehicle to the funder. There will be no charge if you are within mileage limits and the vehicle is in an appropriate condition for its age.
Keep - Finally, you can keep the vehicle either by paying the OFP in full or most companies offer re-financing opportunities.
Personal Contract Purchase. (PCP)
Advantages of PCP
· Low initial payment.
· Fixed monthly payments.
· Possibility to refinance the balloon payment.
· No depreciation concerns if you wish to walk away at the end.
· Maintenance and servicing can be included.
· Fixed balloon payment – you will know in advance what you ae expected to pay to keep the vehicle.
· Cost effective.
· Can be used to finance new or used vehicles.
Disadvantages of PCP
· At the end of the contract you must decide to sell, return or keep the vehicle.
· Fixed mileage allowance
Please note that Simply Vehicle Leasing, a trading style of New Car Deals Ltd, do not currently offer this finance product.